Discovering the Romanesque
The spectacular landscapes we can see throughout Benasque Valley are dotted with numerous, interesting samples of Romanesque art.
Romanesque art is the first monumental style that was disseminated through western Christendom. The birth and consolidation of the Kingdom of Aragon, and Romanesque art, took place at the same time, owing to which, this has become the upper Aragonese style par excellence.
- St. Peter of Villanova Church, a 12th century church
- St. John the Baptist parish church in Eresué. Lombard Romanesque origins, 12th century
- Saint Vincent of Roda Cathedral, Roda de Isbábena. This is thought to be the oldest cathedral in Aragon
- Obarra Monastery, a monastery dedicated to St. Mary.
- Virgin of Grace Shrine, El Run.